This is no ordinary job we’re advertising.
One of Edinburgh’s most exciting companies is recruiting a new position of Assistant Director. We’re offering up to £25K annual salary, you don’t need any previous industry experience and we’ll put you right in the heart of the business. Umega has 2 Directors, Neil and Andy, who have built Umega from the ground up and they need your help with a broad range of daily tasks and projects as Umega continues to smash negative stereotypes of letting agencies and becomes one of the best small businesses to work for in the world.
We are looking for an up-and-coming superstar of the future. This position is for an enthusiastic self-starter who has the right attitude, is looking to gain a huge amount of experience and make a big difference to one of Edinburgh’s fastest growing businesses. Umega is not a property business, it’s a people business. We want an all-rounder with fantastic communication skills who gets on well with people and doesn’t have a big ego. You need to be competent with spreadsheets, social media and possess excellent written skills.
We’re not your average letting business. We do things differently, we work hard and it’s crucial to the success of the business that Neil and Andy get the help they need. It’s hard to imagine a job where you will use a wider set of skills and gain broader experience.
This is the dream job for the right person.
Responsibilities will vary but here are some examples:
- Help respond to and prioritise emails to the Directors
- Carrying out specific property related tasks on Directors’ behalf such as obtaining quotes or collecting keys – usually relating to new clients
- Publish online content (drafted by the Directors) and carry out social media tasks in line with content strategy
- Represent Umega in dealing with external suppliers when requried
- Other adhoc tasks required by Directors – this can be anything from pulling together financials, collating survey feedback, arranging meetings, chasing up previous client leads, updating records with Companies House & coordinating suppliers to deliver marketing tasks.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in a professional, customer facing environment
- Ability to establish rapport quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Extremely organised with the ability to prioritise and cooridinate multiple tasks
- Comfortable “managing up” and dealing with people at senior levels
- Full driver’s license required
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 annually, depending on experience.
Start date: As soon as you are available.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to [email protected]