Are you a UNICORN in a land of horses?
Umega is in search of an absolute superstar to become our Letting and New Business Manager and join our high-performing Management Team. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing our stellar Letting and New Business Teams who are at the forefront in representing Umega Lettings to the rest of the world. Your team will continue to be amazing ambassadors for our company.
We are growing quickly, enjoying the challenges that brings and we have an exciting future in front of us. We are looking for the right person to join us and play a vitally important role in the business over the next 5-10 years as we do more to smash negative stereotypes of letting agents and become one of the best small businesses to work for in the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that is sending shockwaves through a very traditional sector and in return for your hard work we will invest in and develop you as you join us on our journey.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing our New Business Team (3 people) who brought in over 300 properties in 2018 and are on course to do the same volume (or better) in 2019
- Responsibility for our Letting Team (4 people) who let over 450 properties in 2018 and will grow further in 2019 as our portfolio continues to expand
- Be an integral part of the Management Team who are responsible for fulfilling Umega’s long-term potential
- Role model the company values and recruit, develop, lead and inspire a fantastic team
- Create, improve and maintain systems and procedures to push service levels higher
- Monitor and report on performance relating to your area of the business
- Convert new landlord leads and build strong lasting relationships
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of letting and property management experience in Scotland
- Experience of recruiting, managing and leading a team
- Experience of managing a budget and reporting on performance
- Resilient and confident
- A team player
- Resourceful – able to think on your feet and find solutions
- A pro-active approach to self-development
WHO WE ARE
Umega Lettings is a forward-thinking company and our four core values make Umega a great place to work;
POSITIVE – Look for solutions & work together
PLAYFUL – Be yourself. Be professional, but have fun
OPEN – Ask for help & admit mistakes
PROGRESS – Question things & challenge assumptions
This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting business. We hold high standards and work in a way that mean our clients love dealing with us. We run open-book management and ensure that everyone who works here receives a business education to support their career progression. An important aspect of this is using a share of profits to grow a staff owned property portfolio that you will help grow, manage and benefit from. We are a company that is progressing fast and have big, game-changing plans for the future. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in this journey.
Learn more about the little things we do to make Umega a great place to work here!
Starting salary: £30,000 – £35,000 DOE
Please apply by emailing a CV and covering letter to [email protected]