Please include a covering letter letting us know exactly why YOU are the BEST person for this job! (Please note that we will not be able to consider applications submitted without a covering letter).
Are you the customer service superhero Umega Lettings needs?
Do you have outstanding customer service skills and love working with a variety of people on a daily basis? Do you also thrive working in a busy office while maintaining a high level of accuracy in your work? If so, then read on for more information about this fantastic opportunity to join Edinburgh’s most exciting letting agent! We’re not your average letting business. We do things differently, we work hard and we put our landlords and tenants at the heart of all we do.
This is a new role and it will sit within our brand new Service Team, supporting our Portfolio Team who manage all our properties. Your main responsibility will be actioning maintenance reports sent in from our tenants and ensuring all our properties are always fully complaint – this includes being first point of contact for our tenants and landlord by phone and email. You will work closely with the rest of the Service Team and our Portfolio Managers to ensure our landlords and tenants maintain the best possible relationship with Umega so you’ll need to be a fantastic team player.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering all incoming phone calls from our current tenants and landlords – dealing with their queries yourself or directing them to the right person
- Ensuring all repairs reported are instructed daily and closing off jobs completed
- Logging invoices for completed jobs
- Ensuring all safety and compliance certification is instructed, received and logged accurately
- Serving Notice documentation to tenants for the Portfolio Team and notifying the landlords
- Preparing the property for marketing and instructing the Lettings Team to market
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Outstanding customer service skills (at least 2 years’ previous experience)
- Confidence dealing with a variety of people
- A great team player
- Someone who thrives on multi-tasking
- A pro-active approach to self-development
WHO WE ARE
Umega Lettings is a forward-thinking company and the winners of the Residential Letting Team of the Year 2018 at the Scottish Home Awards and the Herald Property Awards. Our mission is to smash negative stereotypes of letting agents and be a great place to work! Our four core values are at the heart of what we do;
Positive – Look for solutions and work together
Playful – Be yourself, be professional but playful too
Open – Ask for help and admit mistakes
Progress – Question things, challenge assumptions
This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting business. We hold high standards and work in a way that mean our clients love dealing with us. We run open-book management and ensure that everyone who works here receives a business education to support their career progression. An important aspect of this is using a share of profits to grow a staff owned property portfolio that you will help grow, manage and benefit from. We are a company that is progressing fast and have big, game-changing plans for the future. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in this journey!
Read on for more info on why Umega Lettings is a great place to work:
The Big Stuff–
- Staff property fund– we set aside 20% of our profits to invest in Edinburgh buy-to-let property. Our employees invest, manage and benefit financially from the ownership of these properties.
- Investors in People– We are Investors In People Silver accredited and put a strong emphasis on training and development. We’re the only private letting business in the country to reach this level.
- Our special culture– We’re a values-led business meaning our values are central to everything we do and every decision we take.
- Recognition– We make a big deal about recognising effort and successes.
The Little things–
- Vitality healthcare– Each of our team benefits from private healthcare via Vitality. Alongside the healthcare, Vitality offers the team a load of rewards for healthy living including; free coffees, free cinema tickets and other discounts. Vitality has worked well for us; we’ve got a Monday night running club and a third of our team are running the Edinburgh half marathon
- Fruit– Edinburgh Community Food delivers a weekly crate of fruit to our office (you’d be amazed at how many bananas we get through)
- Breakfast on a Friday– breakfast rolls all round on a Friday morning. The variety of roll combinations……doubles, triples………anyone for a Bacon-Haggis-Egg-hash brown quadruple…… even tastier than it sounds!
- Culture club– We encourage everyone to get super social!
- At least 4 eventsduring the year including Spring night out, summer activity day out (we’ve done mountain climbing, tree-top ropes, go-karting, wakeboarding), festival night out and Christmas night out
- Charity Fundraising and keeping fit– Marathon run, Toughmudder!
- Umeganniversary*– we make sure we celebrate everyone’s Umeganniversary at our monthly company meetings. It’s a big deal when our team have been with us for 1, 2, 3, 8 years so we make sure we celebrate each and every one of them, increase their annual leave and thank the team for their contribution towards building an amazing company we’re super proud of.
- Birthdays off– no one should have to work on their birthday. That’s why the Umega team get an extra days holiday to take on their birthday so they can go wild celebrating or enjoy a well-deserved rest!
- Volunteering: We believe it’s important to give back to the community and we know you do to! That’s why we gift you 2 days of the year to support your favourite cause!
Salary: £19,000 – 21,000 per year
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Start date: As soon as you are available – we can be flexible
Apply via email sending your CV and a covering letter to Danielle Kerr: [email protected]