Edinburgh’s most exciting letting agent is on the lookout for a SUPERSTAR to join our stellar New Business Team. We’re not your average letting business. We do things differently, we work hard and we bring on a high volume of new properties, so this role is crucial to the continuing success of our New Business Team. If you have a passion for all things property, are motivated by providing an outstanding service and love the buzz of juggling a busy and varied workload then this could be the job for you!
You will be responsible for responding to new landlord leads and converting these into managed lets. You’ll take ownership of converted properties and arrange their preparation for listing on the market, ensuring safety and maintenance work is taken care of and the property is ready for the first let. We’re looking for someone with awesome knowledge and experience of the letting market who is exceptionally well-presented with an amazing ability to build rapport. You must also be highly organised, happy to juggle a variety of tasks, be able to prioritise well and manage your own time effectively.
You will be at the forefront of Scotland’s leading letting business so you must be an amazing ambassador for our company. Communication is a huge part of the job you’ll need to be confident dealing with a variety of people and give them confidence that you’re on top of things. You will spend a good chunk of your time out of the office at properties, but will get a balance of office time to make sure you’re on top of your admin too.
This is a real multi-tasking role and you’ll need to be happy to turn your hand to whatever comes your way, including some occasional out of hours working.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a number of potential client leads – communicating quickly and knowledgeably with the aim of converting the lead to a managed let.
- Visiting potential clients and their properties to pitch the Umega Lettings service (and win the business!).
- Be the main point of contact for landlords of new business properties during the onboarding period; communicating with them in a friendly, professional, and prompt manner in person, via email and on the phone.
- Create marketing material for new business properties – including; photography, property descriptions, and floorplans.
- Manage maintenance works where required during the onboarding period; efficiently liaising with the Umega Maintenance Team and various other external contractors.
- Instruct and obtain the required safety and compliance certificates during the onboarding period so the property is fully prepared for the first let.
- All administration associated with bringing new properties into the company’s portfolio – including data input to relevant software systems and recording of information.
- Any other duties as reasonably required in line with your role.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Sound knowledge of the letting market with previous experience in this field
- An amazing ambassador for Umega Lettings – well-presented, switched-on and forward-thinking
- An exceptional ability to build rapport quickly
- Outstanding approach to customer service
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks
- Resourceful – able to think on your feet and find solutions
- A team player
- Full driver’s license required
WHO WE ARE
Umega Lettings is a forward-thinking company and our four core values make Umega a great place to work;
POSITIVE – Look for solutions & work together
PLAYFUL – Be yourself. Be professional, but have fun
OPEN – Ask for help & admit mistakes
PROGRESS – Question things & challenge assumptions
This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting business. We hold high standards and work in a way that mean our clients love dealing with us. We run open-book management and ensure that everyone who works here receives a business education to support their career progression. An important aspect of this is using a share of profits to grow a staff owned property portfolio that you will help grow, manage and benefit from. We are a company that is progressing fast and have big, game-changing plans for the future. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in this journey.
Learn more about the little things we do to make Umega a great place to work here!
Salary: from £24,000 depending on experience
Start date: As soon as you are available.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent