The benefits of using an HMO letting agent in Edinburgh are many. An HMO (House of Multiple Occupation) letting agent can be a huge asset to landlords, helping them navigate the HMO regulations and by being a link into the local student community. Here are some of the benefits of using an HMO letting agent in Edinburgh;
- The HMO application and renewal processes can be fairly complicated and so an HMO letting agent will be well versed on dealing with all parts of the process including; application, site notice, inspections, remedials, follow up inspection, council hearings (more information on the different elements can be seen in our HMO Guide for landlords)
- A letting agent will have a team of contractors, or directly employed tradesmen, who understand the HMO regulations and requirements and will have the skills to bring each property up to HMO standard
- An HMO letting agent will advertise properties on any lettings portals popular with students to make sure tenants are secured quickly
- They should also have a waiting list of tenants from operating in the student market for years, to make sure properties are filled quickly (we get students coming in as early as November/December looking for accommodation the following academic year, so we keep their details on file)
- Some HMO letting agents will have a good reputation within the student tenant community and so will be students first choice in front of properties advertised by ‘bad’ agents or unknown private landlords (it’s worth checking on Google or Allagents to read reviews on letting agents before choosing a letting agent).
- An HMO letting agent will be used to dealing with ongoing management of student tenants and with other parties including; the council and neighbouring properties
- They should also have an out-of-hours emergency phone number that tenants can use to report emergencies and that the council will hold on file in case of issues or complaints after office hours
- An experience HMO letting agent will take care of all ongoing HMO renewals and follow up paperwork, remedial works and inspections
Umega Lettings is an HMO letting agent in Edinburgh. We have the skills and knowledge to source, refurbish, let and manage HMO properties and will take care of the HMO application so landlords can have a completely hands-off approach, knowing that their Edinburgh HMO property is being taken care of by an expert.