Umega is one of Scotland’s most exciting and dynamic small businesses. Over the last 13 years, we’ve assembled a fantastic team and developed our company culture that drives our award-winning customer service. We’re purpose-led, we do things differently and we’re looking for the right person to work with our Directors in a business-critical role.
We’ve earned an excellent reputation in property letting and Umega continues to grow as we prepare for an increasingly exciting and challenging future. We have 50 employees, 1,000s of customers and millions of pounds in turnover. We need help with organising, managing and planning our finances to help make important decisions, plans and prepare the business for what’s ahead.
This is where you come in.
There are two areas that we need you to take responsibility for and manage; our management accounts and our payroll. Through preparing, managing and communicating our management accounts, you’ll help support and advise our Board and Leadership Team with strategic business decisions. Through managing our payroll you’ll help support our Leadership Team stay on top of our biggest and most important area of expenditure: our people. If you’re looking for a new role where you can give your whole self and play an important role in the future direction of our business and be hugely appreciated by the people you work with, then we’d love to hear from you.
Your hours will be flexible; the equivalent of 2 days a week and you will be able to work remotely with the occasional team meeting in our office.
Please apply via indeed.co.uk; https://www.indeedjobs.com/umega-lettings-0a4cf14/_hl/en_GB?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XWjLOi4YeVNLqF8RN6a-Vzuy6w40Lxug3o
by submitting your CV and, most importantly, a covering letter telling us why you are applying.
- Deadline for applications – 9am Monday 28th September 2020
- No recruitment agencies, please
- Part-time : 2 days per week
- Salary/year : £30,000 – £35,000 pro-rata
- Processing of small volume of complex bookkeeping transactions relating to things like prepayments, accruals, depreciation & amortisation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & timely financial information
- Payroll preparation and processing, PAYE and pensions
- Preparation of P11Ds
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations including fixed asset registers
- Monitoring and projecting cashflow
- Preparing information for annual audited accounts
- Experience of Xero accounting software
- Excellent communication skills with ability to tell the story behind the numbers
- Organised, proactive and motivated with an eye for detail
- A recognised accountancy qualification; CIMA/ACCA (AAT, IAB)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible office and/or remote working
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts (via Vitality Health)
- Private Medical Insurance