Please send a STAND OUT cover letter along with your CV, detailing what you can bring to the role, why you want to come onboard and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered).
Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. To top it off, Umega are now proud to be listed in Best Companies’ top 75 small companies to work for in the UK!
We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We act with integrity, we acknowledge our mistakes, we’re not afraid to try new things and we put our customers at the heart of all we do. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in all you do then you’re going to love it here.
We are looking for a hard-working and driven individual to join our Client Accounts Team. This post is an integral part of our organisation, and not one for the faint of heart.
Our Client Accounts team is fast-paced, so alongside fantastic prioritisation skills, you’ll need to have exceptional attention-to-detail, be a very clear communicator and thrive on managing a busy workload. The focus of this team is to direct the flow of client money through Umega so that tenants’ payments are received in a timely manner, landlords and suppliers are paid on time and tenants deposits are accurately lodged and reconciled. You’ll also need to hone your detective skills as you’ll be problem solving and investigating accounts queries daily. This is an ideal role for someone who loves multi-tasking and keeping busy and is passionate about delivering outstanding service. We’re looking for someone who takes a meticulous and precise approach to all tasks – no stone can be left unturned when it comes to accounts!
Although the responsibilities for the role will be varied and wide-ranging, we see that these fit into four key areas;
An amazing representative for all things Umega
A huge part of our culture at Umega is putting people at the heart of all we do. Everyone here plays a significant role in making sure that the company’s character is reflected in each interaction we have, whether this is with customers, contractors, or each other. We know that this takes enthusiasm, dedication and great skill, but we expect that a passion for people is something that each and every employee should hold dear, so you should embody this in your role and your time with Umega.
A power-house of Umega and accounting knowledge
You should be ready to deal with any query or situation that comes your way, and that means being fully prepared with a loaded backpack of knowledge and understanding so you can spring into action and resolve any issue seamlessly, giving clarity and helping others understand what needs to happen, and why. You’ll be liaising and negotiating with a variety of people every day, so the stronger your knowledge and understanding, the better and faster the resolution will be. You’ll therefore need to be a fast-learner who is willing to dive in and learn as you go.
Communication skills for days
You will be communicating constantly with a wide variety of Umega customers, collaborators and colleagues every day. Relaying information back and forth between different people via a variety of communications – crystal-clear and confident communication is paramount.
Meticulous and methodical approach
As you will be responsible for the timely flow of client money, you’ll need to have a keen eye for detail, and understand what questions to ask in order to give clear and concise information to all parties. You’ll also need to take a measured approach to your busy workload, understanding how to manage and prioritise your time effectively both as an individual and as a contributor to the team dynamic.
Although this list is not exhaustive, you can expect your days to be filled with a variety of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Expertly managing and overseeing the flow of money through our accounting software.
- Answering a wide variety of questions and enquiries via email, telephone and sometimes face to face. If you don’t know the answer right away, you’ll be ready to find out.
- Responsible, along with the rest of the team, for timely, helpful and appropriate responses to account enquiries from our tenants, landlords or work peers.
- Support our Relationship Managers with solid communication and advice regarding accounts queries relating to their properties.
- Accurately processing rent payments in a timely manner.
- Paying out funds to Landlords and Contractors with a great eye for detail.
- Responsible for chasing late rent payments and supporting tenants to establish a payment plan.
- Managing council tax and utilities during any void periods.
- Lodging tenant deposits via Safe Deposit Scotland in-line with Scottish Lettings regulations.
- 2 or more years experience in an office environment or administration role, some experience in a similar position would be advantageous but is not essential.
- To be confident and comfortable thinking on your feet, multitasking and prioritizing your workload.
- A naturally warm, friendly and personable nature across all forms of communication.
- A self-starter approach with an enthusiasm for “getting stuck-in” and learning as you go.
- A strong commitment to your learning and development.
- To take real pride in all aspects of your role – the big things and the little things all matter!
Who we are:
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life.
We can offer you;
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Monday – Friday Schedule
- Hybrid working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Birthday Day Off
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Salary – £23,000 – £26,000 per year, depending on experience.
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV and a stand-out cover letter which describes exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Applications should be addressed to Nikki Moore and sent to [email protected]