Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our Letting Team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered).
Our busiest time of the year is fast-approaching, and we are on the lookout for a part-time, temporary position to support our wider Lettings team over the summer period. We’re looking for a flexible, quick-thinker who is keen to dive right into the world of lettings. You’ll possess a great ability to quickly soak up information and put it into practice and you’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment built on strong values and great relationships. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our stellar Lettings Team and gain practical skills in property at Edinburgh’s most exciting letting agent! We won’t be asking you to make anyone tea or coffee!
We’re not your average letting business. We do things differently; we work consistently hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We act with integrity, we acknowledge our mistakes, we’re not afraid to try new things and we put our landlords and tenants at the heart of all we do. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in all you do then you’re going to love it here.
Our team works in a hybrid setup with some office working, and some home-working. Due to the nature of this role, you will be predominantly undertaking mobile/field duties, visiting our properties throughout Edinburgh and The Lothians, therefore a valid driving license is essential. We have a fleet of company pool cars, so you’re not required to use or own your own vehicle, although mileage can be paid if this is preferred.
This role sits in our Property Marketing Department, and has a particular focus on providing strong administrative and mobile support to our Lettings Negotiators. You’ll be responsible for carrying out in-person viewings at our portfolio of properties and helping drive forward successful tenant applications. You may also be required to help out with other mobile tasks like dropping items to properties, getting keys cut or fetching marketing materials and content for properties going onto the market. No one day will be the same, and you’ll gain exposure to all aspects of the Lettings journey.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting viewings at properties efficiently and effectively
- Displaying understanding of our Lettings process to support tenants in application stages and handle enquiries via email/phone/in-person
- Capturing marketing materials for properties about to hit the market
- Supporting on mobile tasks (including but not limited to; key cutting, dropping/collecting items from properties)
- General Lettings administration support to our Letting Negotiators and Relationship Managers
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional customer service skills and an ability to forge relationships quickly
- A great team player, and a confident solo worker
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a busy environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Confidence dealing with a wide variety of people and situations – thinking on your feet to solve problems quickly
- A self-starter with a pro-active approach to your own development & learning
- A full UK driving license is also essential.
WHO WE ARE
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
…and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at UMEGA on our website.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Salary – £10.50 per hour
Part Time, Temporary Role for 3-4 months
Start date – By mid June
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to [email protected], letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
COVID-19 considerations: Reduced staff numbers in office and hybrid working setup. Additional office cleaning in place. Face coverings required if visiting properties.