Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered). If you’d like to have an informal chat prior to submitting your application then please don’t be shy – reach out now and we’ll happily get in touch.
The number of tenancies, and at their heart – people, that we are responsible for is ever-increasing and we need a new Relationship Manager (RM) to join our award-winning team. Relationship Managers hold a pivotal role in our business, looking after our landlords and tenants to create long and successful working relationships for as long as they need us. Supporting the people we work closest with (tenants, landlords,
and each other) is at the heart of everything we do at Umega. We are a growing business with an exciting road ahead of us. Over the last
15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We act with integrity, we acknowledge our mistakes, we’re not afraid to try new things and we put our customers at the heart of all we do. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in all you do then you’re going to love it here. Being knowledgeable, accessible and super-responsive to the needs of our landlords and tenants is the basis for our customer relationships, which then strengthen through building trust by acting with care and integrity, honoring our commitments, and looking after people at every turn. In this role you will be an integral part of our Relationship Management Team, who are directly responsible for the people and homes in their care.
Our people are at the heart of our business. You will be driven by the desire to provide top quality customer service at every step. We have an amazing team and company culture, and we search high and low for the right people who embrace our company values and embody these in all we do.
QUICK DECISION MAKING
This is an incredibly fast-paced, high-intensity role, and you will be required to make quick, informed decisions, back yourself throughout the process and keep your customers looped in through personable and informative communication.
SAFE PAIR OF HANDS
This is a hugely varied role, and dealing with people and their homes can be an emotive process. You’ll need to exert good judgment, be confident and calm under pressure, and be an open and honest communicator. Of course you’ll need to build your property knowledge, but we can teach you that stuff. What is most important is that you are great at dealing with people, and you make them feel safe in your hands by building your relationships around trust.
Every day will bring about new problems to solve, of which you might not have experienced before. From communal repairs to boiler leaks, to HMO applications. You need to have the confidence to engage with the problem, a willingness to learn, and a flexibility in your approach to solve whatever issue comes your way.
We work best when we work together. No colleague is an island. If you need support, we will be there to support you. If your high-end detective work solves a tricky case – share it with the team, Sherlock. Our RMs work in teams of 3-4 with one united goal: building strong, trusting, open, personable relations both internally and externally to ensure the success of the team. You must be a team player, but also someone who can self-motivate and champion individual projects and solo-working, as you will spend some of your time being mobile.
APPLY IF YOU ARE:
● Hold a full Driving License – this is essential.
● Have more than 5 years of relevant customer service experience.
Some experience within the property sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
● Value honesty and integrity – you tackle challenging situations and conversations with bravery, kindness and empathy, and you are committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
● Communicate openly and are willing to acknowledge mistakes (when they inevitably happen!), accept the learning and move forward positively.
● Are resilient – you can stay focused when faced with a challenge, and have the will and drive to keep pushing through in spite of any set-backs.
● Take personal ownership of your actions and decisions and strive to improve and grow. You are not afraid to think outside the box and work outside your comfort zone in pursuit of learning and finding better ways to do things.
● Thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and dynamic working environment. Change is a core concept at Umega, and you’ll therefore need to be someone who embraces the exciting possibilities that this brings.
● Have confidence working with a range of technology and have the ability to pick up systems and processes quickly.
● Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they
are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Full Time, Permanent Role
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV and a covering letter FAO Nikki Moore to [email protected], letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
COVID-19 considerations: Reduced staff numbers in office and hybrid working setup. Additional office cleaning in place. Face coverings required if visiting properties.