We’re looking for an electrician to join our current high-flying maintenance team and to help us transform(er) the lettings sector. Are you the bright–spark we’re looking for who can plug-in to our kick-ass team? Are you wired to delivering outstanding service and someone who enjoys being able to conduct(or) a conversation with customers and colleagues? If you are we’d be ex-static to hear from you – Watt are you waiting for?!
Umega Lettings is one of Edinburgh’s biggest and busiest letting agencies (Lettings Team of the Year 2018 – Scottish Home Awards & Herald Property Awards) and we are looking to recruit an Electrician to help maintain our large portfolio of properties and keep them up to date with the latest compliance requirements.
Applicants should possess the relevant qualifications and be well presented with the ability to communicate clearly with a wide variety of people. A full driving licence is required with the ability to navigate your way around Edinburgh visiting our managed properties as required. The role requires you to be well organised with the ability to think on your feet.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be an important part of our awesome team that are putting shock-waves through the lettings sector.
Experience is required in the following areas:
– Previous electrical experience to at least 17th Edition
– Relevant electrical qualifications to carry out EICR’s, PAT’s and general electrical work.
– Good communication skills both written and oral.
– Attention to detail
– The ability to manage your own diary
– Full driving licence
– Good IT skills along with being able to operate a smart phone/tablet.
WHO WE ARE
Umega Lettings is a forward-thinking company and our four core values make Umega a great place to work;
POSITIVE – Look for solutions & work together
PLAYFUL – Be yourself. Be professional, but have fun
OPEN – Ask for help & admit mistakes
PROGRESS – Question things & challenge assumptions
This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We run open-book management and ensure that everyone who works here receives a business education to support their career progression. An important aspect of this is using a share of profits to grow a staff-owned property portfolio that you will help grow, manage and benefit from. We are a company that is progressing fast and have big, game-changing plans for the future. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in this journey.
Here are some of the little things we do to make Umega a great place to work:
- Staff property fund – we set aside 20% of our profits to invest in Edinburgh buy-to-let property. Our employees invest, manage and benefit financially from the ownership of these properties.
- Investors in People – We are Investors In People Silver accredited and put a strong emphasis on training and development.
- Our special culture – We’re a values-led business meaning our values are central to everything we do and every decision we take.
- Healthcare – Each of our team benefits from private healthcare and associated perks via Vitality.
- Fresh Fruit – Edinburgh Community Food delivers a weekly crate of fruit to our office (you’d be amazed at how many bananas we get through)
- Breakfast on a Friday – breakfast rolls all round on a Friday morning. The variety of roll combinations……doubles, triples………anyone for a Bacon-Haggis-Egg-hash brown quadruple…… even tastier than it sounds!
- Culture club – We have 4 biggies during the year, one for each of the seasons, and a number of other more impromptu nights out.
- Umegaversary – we make sure we celebrate everyone’s work anniversaries at our monthly company meetings!
- Birthdays off – At Umega we get an extra day’s holiday to take on their birthday so they can go wild celebrating or enjoy a well-deserved rest!
- Volunteering: Get two days off to give back to the community!
Closing date : December 20th 2019
The role start date will depend on the successful applicant’s availability.
Please email a CV and a covering letter explaining what you can bring to Umega Lettings to David Forsyth.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 /year
- EICR & PAT testing: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Drivers license