If you relish being part of a hard-working and close-knit team, get a buzz from a varied workload and have a passion for delivering one-of-a-kind customer service, then we might have just what you are looking for.
We’re searching for someone with customer driven talent and a genuine interest in people to start work as a Portfolio Coordinator and progress to be one of our superstar Relationship Managers before the end of the year.
You’ll work at the very heart of Umega, initially supporting our Relationship Managers who are smashing the negative stereotypes that surround the Lettings Industry. You’ll spend 6-9 months supporting two Relationship Managers; the perfect preparation for Umega’s most important role and a great way to experience how Umega does customer service. We’re not your average lettings business. We do things differently, we work hard, and we put our landlords and tenants at the heart of all we do. So…you’ll be in good company.
You’ll provide a platform and foundation of administrative support and help our Relationship Managers build longstanding and trusting relationships with hundreds of landlords and tenants across Edinburgh. You’ll work collaboratively and seamlessly with your team and ensure that our processes are constantly being improved. We can always get better! No pressure, but you really will be at the very core of our success. You’ll need to be happy and comfortable to turn your hand to whatever comes your way. The role is designed to be a stepping-stone to Property (Relationship) Management, and we want to gear you up for some serious success in Umega.
If you’re successful in this post (we’re rooting for you!) then you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing maintenance works where required, efficiently liaising with the Umega maintenance team and various other external contractors
- Ensuring all repairs reported are instructed daily and closing off jobs completed
- Logging invoices for completed jobs
- Preparing properties for marketing and instructing our Lettings Team to market
- Instructing and obtaining the required safety and compliance certificates
- Being the first point of contact on the phone and email for our tenants and landlords
- Supporting our Relationship Managers in the administration of all aspects of the management process across their portfolio
- Providing the highest standard of care and attention to our landlords and tenants.
We don’t do customer service, we do customer care.
- Serving Notice documentation to tenants and notifying the landlords
- Occasionally covering holidays, jumping in to make sure no landlords or tenants are left without a point of contact
- Any other duties as reasonably required in line with your role
We’re looking for:
- An outstanding approach to customer service – it’s all about people
- A desire to progress into property relationship management
- An organised mind with the ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks
- Resourcefulness and the ability to think on your feet and find solutions
- An ability to establish rapport quickly
- A team player who is willing to help, contribute and have fun
- A full driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
Salary: £19k – £24k
How to apply:
Please send a fantastic cover letter along with your CV to [email protected], saying what you can bring to Umega and why you feel our company and this role is for you.
We’d also love to hear your thoughts on how we can continue in our mission to smash negative stereotypes of letting agencies.
(applications without covering letters will not be considered).
Closing date : Monday January 27th at 5pm.
Who we are – Umega Lettings is one of Edinburgh’s biggest and busiest letting agencies. We’re so proud to have been awarded Lettings Team of the Year for the past 2 years running at our industry’s Oscars; The Scottish Home Awards and we’re our industry’s leader in terms of our online reputation (we have a 4.7 star Google rating made up of over 500 Google reviews). This is a fantastic opportunity to be an important part of our awesome team that are turning the heat up on the lettings sector. We’re a company led by two friends who believe in a better way of doing business through integrity built on transparency, leadership grounded in humility and light-hearted honesty underpinned by bravery.
We work to a high-bar – constantly striving to understand and deliver a better service and experience for both our customers and employees. We
We show what we’re really about – we’re open in the way we work and communicate and we show our vulnerabilities. We do not work in fear or worry about what might happen when we give over our true selves in bucket loads.
We take the plunge – We want our team to be brave, play, experiment and ultimately find better ways of doing things. We can always do more.
Here are some of the little things we do to make Umega a great place to work:
- Staff property fund – we set aside 20% of our profits to invest in Edinburgh buy-to-let property. Our employees invest, manage and benefit financially from the ownership of these properties.
- Investors in People – We are Investors In People Silver accredited and put a strong emphasis on training and development.
- Our special culture – We’re a values-led business meaning our values are central to everything we do and every decision we take.
- Healthcare – Each of our team benefits from private healthcare and associated perks via Vitality.
- Fresh Fruit – Edinburgh Community Food delivers a weekly crate of fruit to our office (you’d be amazed at how many bananas we get through)
- Breakfast on a Friday – breakfast rolls all round on a Friday morning. The variety of roll combinations……doubles, triples………anyone for a Bacon-Haggis-Egg-hash brown quadruple…… even tastier than it sounds!
- Monthly Meaningful breakfasts – to really connect with each other.
- Social events – we have loads of them as we understand that any happy family need to spend quality time together.
- Culture club – We have 4 biggies during the year, one for each of the seasons, and a number of other more impromptu nights out.
- Umegaversary – we make sure we celebrate everyone’s work anniversaries at our monthly company meetings!
- Birthdays off – At Umega we get an extra day’s holiday to take on their birthday so they can go wild celebrating or enjoy a well-deserved rest!
- Volunteering: Get two days off to give back to the community!
- …..and there’s loads more