Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role in Team Umega, and why we’d be mad not to hire you! (Applications without covering letters will not be considered).
We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join our Client Relationship Team as one of our dedicated Relationship Managers. You’ll be fully responsible for looking after a portfolio of clients, and in turn, the properties they own. It’s an exciting and dynamic role where no two days will be the same, and we’re looking for dedicated professionals with a solid background in customer care and a commitment to growing their career within property management. This role will suit someone with strong experience within close customer care environments (although not essential, some property experience would be an advantage).
In 2023 (and beyond), we’ve got ambitious plans for our well-established and still growing business. We have a phenomenal team, an incredible culture and high standards, and we’re now looking for more talented and motivated people-focused-people to join our award-winning team.
Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We’re bold and playful but we always act with integrity and acknowledge our mistakes. We’re ambitious and unafraid – we try new things, we innovate, and whatever the outcomes we’ll enjoy the learning journey and make the most of the ride. We also put people at the heart of all we do; that goes for our customers and our team. Being knowledgeable, empathetic, and super-responsive to the needs of our customers is the basis for our client relationships, which then strengthen through building trust by acting with care and integrity, and honoring our commitments at every turn. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in everything you do then you’re going to love it here.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Relationship Managers hold a pivotal role in our business; looking after our property owner clients to build and maintain a solid and successful working relationship for as long as they need us. It sounds simple but it’s a big ask, and one that requires heaps of dedication, integrity in abundance and the ability to communicate clearly and directly – especially when navigating more challenging conversations.
Day to day, your role will include but not be limited to;
- Building strong rapport with new and existing clients – building and nurturing positive and long-lasting client relationships is the heart of everything you’ll do
- Preparing annual Portfolio reports, helping Owners understand their property performance within the Private Rented Sector, and making your recommendations for where they can improve portfolio performance
- Initiating and completing Property Reviews within your portfolio; looking at current rents, reviewing the property standards and initiating any improvements
- Taking responsibility for any escalations from our property Owners or your colleagues, making sure a mutually agreeable or favorable outcome is reached in a timely manner
- Dealing with Tenant escalations and enquires around lease changes, rent increases and reactive repairs
- Holding and navigating challenging conversations, built on experience, best judgment and strong knowledge
- Making sound decisions with our clients best interests at the fore – consistently striving to better our customer experience and Owner service
- Working closely with multiple other teams across the business – communicating effectively and role modeling our core values in all you do
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Strong & Confident Decision Making: This is a fast-paced and, at times, intense role – when it comes to their homes, people are emotionally invested and we need to match that investment with a steady hand. You will be required to make timely, well- informed decisions, back yourself throughout the process and keep your property Owners looped in at every turn. At times, you’ll be required to direct your colleagues and peers, keeping them right and ensuring issues are solved across the board.
People-First Approach: People are at the heart of our business. You will be driven by the desire to provide an unrivaled service to our clients at every turn. Every day you’ll be building and nurturing incredible relationships demonstrating trust and expertise. You’ll be the ‘go-to’ for anything related to the Owners in your portfolio. You’ll learn to understand their needs and you’ll hold a responsibility for ensuring they experience fantastic service in your care.
Problem Solving: Each day will bring about new problems to solve, many of which you might not have experienced before. You need to have the confidence, willingness to learn, and flexibility to approach, understand, and solve whatever issue comes your way, calling on the right support as you go.
Safe Pair of Hands: You’ll need to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, a desire to deliver personal yet efficient service and be able to take personal responsibility for our Owners service.
APPLY IF YOU:
- Have more than 5 years of relevant customer service experience or client relationship management (Property experience would be an advantage, but not essential, we can teach you this bit.
●Take personal ownership of your actions and decisions and strive to improve and grow. You are not afraid to think outside the box and work outside your comfort zone in pursuit of learning and finding better ways to do things.
● Communicate openly and are willing to acknowledge mistakes (when they inevitably happen!), accept the learning and move forward positively.
● Value honesty and integrity – you tackle challenging situations and conversations with bravery, kindness and empathy, and you are committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
● Are resilient – you can stay focused when faced with a challenge, and have the will and drive to keep pushing through in spite of any set-backs.
● Thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and dynamic working environment. Embracing change is a core concept at Umega, and you’ll therefore need to be someone who welcomes the possibilities that this brings.
● Have confidence working with a range of technology and have the ability to pick up systems and processes quickly, while maintaining exceptional attention-to-detail.
● Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business.
● A valid UK driving license is essential
WHO WE ARE
Umega is a forward-thinking, fast-growing, busy and exciting property business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t necessarily be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. At Umega we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are committed to a culture of belonging where we accept each other for who we are and embrace your individuality. Even as we grow we continue to work together like one big family, and we’d love for you to be part of it!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home some of the time)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Mon-Fri Schedule
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
- Volunteering opportunities
- Regular performance reviews and 121 meetings
- …and more!
Before you send us your application, take a look at our website and social media to find out more about working at Umega.
Full Time, Permanent Role
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected], letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Salary: £26,000 – £29,000
– NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE –