Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter and a short video (less than 90 seconds) with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our Lettings Team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered).
We are looking for a naturally warm and friendly people-person to be the welcoming face in our busy front-office at Quartermile. You’ll cover a multitude of tasks and get to experience variety every day, but your main focus is to be an amazing representative for all things Umega; making fantastic first-impressions, really knowing your stuff, bringing good vibes to every interaction, and taking every opportunity to make a positive lasting impression.
You’ll be the first face all of our visitors see, and everyone that comes through our doors should be made to feel welcome from the moment they meet you – contractors, landlords, tenants, your colleagues and everyone else. You will be a great host to all office visitors (channel your inner-Monica Gellar) and do all you can to handle their enquiries. You’ll also need a keen eye for detail and to take a meticulous and precise approach to all your tasks – no stone should be left unturned!
This role is an integral part of our busy and exciting letting business but it is brand-new, and that means there is room for growth and development as we establish the position. You’ll embody the Umega values and use your passion for people and customer care to help us fine-tune this role as we go. This is a unique opportunity to put your stamp on something in a big way.
Although the responsibilities for the role will be varied and wide-ranging, we see that these fit into four key areas:
An amazing representative for all things Umega
You’ll play a hugely important role in making sure that the company’s character is reflected in the reception area, the visitor experience, and in every interaction you have – in person, over the phone and via email.
A power-house of Umega knowledge
You should be ready to deal with any query or situation that comes your way, and that means being fully prepared with a loaded backpack of knowledge and understanding so you can spring into action and resolve any issue seamlessly.
Customer care at the heart of everything you do
At Umega we are huge advocates for putting the customer at the centre of our universe, and we know that this takes enthusiasm, dedication and great skill. We understand that customer focus is something that each and every employee should hold dear, and you should embody and pioneer in your role.
Communication skills for days
You will be communicating constantly with a wide variety of Umega customers, collaborators and colleagues, relaying information back and forth between different people, so clear communication is paramount. pioneer this in every aspect of your role.
Although this list is not exhaustive, you can expect your days to be filled with a variety of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Champion & role model our Umega culture and values in all interactions by expertly managing any visitor to ensure their immediate needs are met. This means resolving their query where you can, or figuring out the best immediate solution while you source someone else who might be better placed to help
- Ability to be a great all-rounder, answering a wide variety of questions and enquiries via email, telephone, or face-to-face…and if you don’t know the answer right away, you’ll be willing to learn
- Gatekeeper for all keys related to the Umega property portfolio – responsible for signing these in and out to contractors and staff, conducting regular audits to ensure our keys are all accounted for
- Support prospecting tenants with their enquiries – give them an understanding of the market conditions and how best to go about finding a rental property (whether it’s with Umega or not, we have a great opportunity here to help people navigate the tricky market better)
- Immediately engage prospective landlords in our service, demonstrating an ability to ‘warm up’ any prospective New Business Leads before passing them to our New Business Team to continue the relationship
- Take pride in our appearance – making sure our fantastic reception area is presented beautifully, reflecting the Umega vibe to all our visitors
- Other general office duties such as managing mail, dealing with printers, topping up displays etc as required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an office environment, ideally within a similar industry
- To be confident and comfortable thinking on your feet, multitasking and prioritizing your workload
- A naturally warm, friendly and personable nature across all forms of communication
- A self-starter approach with an enthusiasm for “getting stuck-in” and learning as you go
- To take real pride in all aspects of your role – the big things and the little things all matter!
Who we are
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
- …and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at UMEGA here.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Starting Salary – £21,000 – £23,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Full time role, based at our Umega office
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! FAO: Erin Whyte, via [email protected]. Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Application deadline – 9am on Wednesday 5th January