Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our award-winning team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you. PLEASE NOTE: Applications without covering letters will not be considered.
We’re looking for an upbeat, energetic and outgoing people-person who has an amazing ability to build rapport and loves meeting a variety of people on a daily basis. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, strive for outstanding performance at every turn and see challenge as a chance to shine, then read on for more information about this fantastic opportunity to join our stellar Letting Negotiation Team at Edinburgh’s most exciting letting agent!
Throughout 2023 (and beyond), we’ve got ambitious plans for our well-established and still growing business. We have a phenomenal team, an incredible culture and high standards, and we’re now looking for more talented and motivated people-focused-people to join our award-winning team.
We’re not your average business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We’re bold and playful but we always act with integrity and acknowledge our mistakes. We’re ambitious and unafraid – we try new things, we innovate, and whatever the outcomes we’ll enjoy the learning journey and make the most of the ride. We also put people at the heart of all we do; that goes for our customers and our team. Being knowledgeable, empathetic, and super-responsive to the needs of our customers is the basis for everything we do across our Lettings, Estate Agency and Home Repairs teams. We build trust by acting with care and integrity, and honoring our commitments at every turn. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in everything you do then you’re going to love it here.
In this role you will be fully responsible for managing properties while they’re being advertised for rent. You will be taking care of everything related to the proactive marketing and tenancy negotiation for the properties allocated to you – this includes preparing and listing properties on the market, managing prospective tenant enquiries, arranging and carrying out viewings, providing regular quality feedback to customers, managing rental offers, and negotiating tenancy details to secure a let. You’ll be expected to keep on top of your workload and manage your time effectively, monitor interest and feedback for your properties, manage expectations of owners, tenants and colleagues, and make sound decisions about the best course of action for the properties and customers you’re responsible for. We work hard to provide the best service for everyone whether they’re a new or current landlord or tenant, and this role offers a great opportunity to play a key part in helping people find their new home.
In this role you’ll also work closely with a variety of other teams within our business to ensure the best possible service to customers and colleagues alike. In a busy and growing business like ours, there will be opportunities to learn, grow and progress your career within this role and beyond.
Our team work in a hybrid setup with some office working, and some home-working. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be undertaking mobile working duties when visiting our properties throughout Edinburgh and The Lothians, therefore a valid driving license is essential. We have a fleet of company pool cars, so you’re not required to use or own your own vehicle.
Managing properties during the marketing period;
- Accurately listing properties on the market
- Managing potential tenant interest and enquiries
- Booking and conducting viewings efficiently and effectively
- Managing the marketing process to ensure your properties are let within good timescales
- Provisionally vetting potential tenants
- Handling offers to let in a timely manner
- Negotiating lease terms with between all parties
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Exceptional customer service skills – proven experience is essential (minimum 2 years’ relevant experience)
- A great team player, and a confident solo worker
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a busy environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Confidence dealing with a wide variety of people and situations – thinking on your feet to solve problems quickly
- A self-starter with a pro-active approach to your own development
- A full, clean UK driving license is essential
- Someone who loves company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business.
- A strong passion to grow, learn, and continuously improve.
- You to be office-based some of the time at our HQ in Quartermile (we operate a hybrid working setup)
WHO WE ARE:
Umega is a forward-thinking, fast-growing, busy and exciting property business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. At Umega we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are committed to a culture of belonging where we accept each other for who we are and embrace your individuality. Even as we grow we continue to work together like one big family, and we’d love for you to be part of it!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home some of the time)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Mon-Fri Schedule
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
- Volunteering opportunities
- Regular performance reviews and 121 meetings
Before you send us your application, take a look at our website and social media to find out more about working at Umega.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] FAO Simon Douglas, letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Salary – from £23,000 depending on experience.
– NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE –