We’ve got ambitious plans for our phenomenal & award-winning team here at Umega, and we are now looking for more talented, motivated, people- focused- people, with a dedicated solid background in close customer care, to join us in our Portfolio Management Team.
This is a dynamic role, the standards are high, that’s why our customers love working with us, & no two days will be the same.
Property experience is not essential, but an advantage. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in everything you do then you’re going to love it here.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Portfolio Managers hold a pivotal role in our business as the primary point of contact for any issues that arise during a tenancy. In this role you’ll encounter new challenges regularly, and you’ll continually work to find great outcomes for everyone no matter what situation you have at hand. You’ll require heaps of dedication, integrity in abundance, thrive when managing a busy and ever-changing workload, and have the ability to communicate clearly and directly at all levels.
Day to day, your role will include but not be limited to;
- Looking after people: As the main point of contact for any tenancy-related issues, you’ll be expected to respond to any situation with care, diligence, and respect, while solving and responding to tenant enquiries quickly.
- Building strong rapport: forming and nurturing positive and long-lasting relationships with your team and customers is the heart of everything you’ll do.
- Managing reactive repairs: promptly picking up any maintenance issues reported via our online platform, ensuring appropriate actions are taken quickly and repairs are carried through to completion effectively, keeping all relevant parties up-to-date.
- Looking for the win-win: using your best judgement when problem solving to make sound decisions with customers’ best interests at the forefront.
- Working closely with multiple other teams across the business – communicating effectively and role modelling our core values in all you do.
We’re looking for:
Strong & Confident Decision Making: This is a fast-paced and, at times, intense role – when it comes to their homes, people are emotionally invested and we need to match that investment with a steady hand. You will be required to make timely, well- informed decisions, back yourself throughout the process and keep each person looped in at every turn. At times, you’ll be required to direct your colleagues and peers, keeping them right and ensuring issues are solved to a high standard.
People-First Approach: People are at the heart of our business. You will be driven by the desire to provide an unrivalled service to our clients at every turn. Every day you’ll be building and nurturing relationships through demonstrating trust and showing your expertise. You’ll hold the responsibility for ensuring your customers experience outstanding service in your care.
Problem Solving: Each day will bring about new problems to solve, many of which you might not have experienced before. You need to have the confidence to dive-in, willingness to learn, and flexibility to approach, understand, and solve whatever issue comes your way, calling on the right support as you go.
Safe Pair of Hands: You’ll need to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, a desire to deliver personal yet efficient service and be able to take personal responsibility for our Owners service.
Apply If You:
- Have more than 5 years of relevant customer service experience or client relationship management (Property experience would be an advantage, but not essential, we can teach you this bit).
●Take personal ownership of your actions and decisions, and strive to improve and grow. You are not afraid to think outside the box and work outside your comfort zone in pursuit of learning and finding better ways to do things.
● Communicate openly and are willing to acknowledge mistakes (when they inevitably happen!), accept the learning and move forward positively.
● Value honesty and integrity – you tackle challenging situations and conversations with bravery, kindness and empathy, and you are committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
● Are resilient – you can stay focused when faced with a challenge, and have the will and drive to keep pushing through in spite of any set-backs.
● Thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and dynamic working environment. Embracing challenge and opportunity is a core concept at Umega, and you’ll therefore need to be someone who welcomes the possibilities that this brings.
● Have confidence working with a range of technology and have the ability to pick up systems and processes quickly, while maintaining exceptional attention-to-detail.
● Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business
● A valid UK driving licence is essential
WHO WE ARE
We’re not your average business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We are forward-thinking, fast-growing, busy and exciting property business. We’re bold and playful but we always act with integrity and acknowledge our mistakes. We’re ambitious and unafraid – we try new things, we innovate, and whatever the outcomes we’ll enjoy the learning journey and make the most of the ride. We also put people at the heart of all we do; that goes for our customers and our team. Being knowledgeable, empathetic, and super-responsive to the needs of our customers is the basis for everything we do. We build trust by acting with care and integrity, and honouring our commitments at every turn. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered. At Umega we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are committed to a culture of belonging where we accept each other for who we are and embrace your individuality.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home some of the time)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Mon-Fri Schedule
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
- Regular performance reviews and accountability meetings
Before you send us your application, take a look at our website and social media to find out more about working at Umega.
This is a full-time, permanent role
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Send your CV [email protected]. A cover letter will set you above the rest, letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job.
Salary: from £26,000, depending on experience
– NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE –