Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our Lettings Team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered).
the services we provide to our customers. We’re a growing business with an exciting road ahead of us. Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We act with integrity, we acknowledge our mistakes, we’re not afraid to try new things and we put our customers at the heart of all we do. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in all you do then you’re going to love it here.
If you’re passionate about people and have a genuine interest in working within a dynamic and fast-paced letting agency, then you might have met your match.
We’re looking for someone with bags of energy and enthusiasm for the lettings sector, with an evident passion for people and homes. You should be ready and willing to turn your hand to whatever comes your way, be an active and supportive team member, and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Our New Tenancy Team work hard to secure properties for the many potential tenants who reach out to us. This team manages and supports tenants through the referencing process, and makes sure all the supporting legal documentation is signed promptly to get the tenancy secured, then makes sure the tenants have everything they need for a smooth transition into their new home. It’s one of the busiest areas of our business, so speed and responsiveness are key, as is a solid understanding of the lettings process and the ability to think on your feet and act quickly – then you can reap the rewarding feeling of securing new homes for as many people as possible.
Your next move beyond this will be driven and shaped by what you’ve shown us so far, so if you’re eager to forge a career in property the Umega world could be your oyster!
Apply if you:
- Have a keen eye for detail, especially when dealing with volume
- Are passionate about Lettings and Customer Service
- Have solid experience managing your own workload and prioritizing effectively
- Are a proactive problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic.
- Are confident working with a range of technology and have the ability to pick up systems and processes quickly.
- Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business.
- Have a strong passion to grow, learn, and continuously improve.
- Are able to be office based some of the time (we operate a hybrid working setup)
Who we are:
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Salary – £21,000 – £23,000 per year
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
Full time, permanent role
How to apply – Please send your CV, a covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered. Applications should be sent to [email protected]
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Hybrid setup, additional cleaning in place
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)