Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role in Team Umega, and why we’d be mad not to hire you! (Applications without covering letters will not be considered).
In 2023 (and beyond), we’ve got ambitious plans for our well-established and still growing business. We have a phenomenal team, an incredible culture and high standards, and we’re looking for more talented and motivated people-focused-people to join our award-winning team.
Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest letting agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We’re bold and playful but we always act with integrity and acknowledge our mistakes. We’re ambitious and unafraid – we try new things, we innovate, and whatever the outcomes we’ll enjoy the learning journey and make the most of the ride. We also put people at the heart of all we do; that goes for our customers and our team. Being knowledgeable, empathetic, and super-responsive to the needs of our customers is the basis for our customer relationships, which then strengthen through building trust by acting with care and integrity and honoring our commitments at every turn. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in everything you do then you’re going to love it here.
Our inspections team is a relatively new function within our setup. These mobile agents take responsibility for carrying out a range of visits to the properties in our managed portfolio, and are an integral part of our dedicated customer care teams who are directly responsible for looking after people and their homes with pride.
The Inspections Team works proactively to ensure properties are visited and thoroughly checked at key points while in our care: pre-tenancy inspection, routine inspections during the tenancy, and end of tenancy check-out. You’ll need to be a stickler for detail, have a great way with people, and possess ability to work independently with confidence. In this role you’ll take full responsibility for managing your time and planning your property visits in line with team targets and service-level agreements. Communication is also key in this role – you’ll be compiling reports on your findings following your inspections, and sharing these both internally across departments, as well as externally with our property owners, making recommendations for improvements and maintenance work where required.
We are looking for people who have a practical and pragmatic approach alongside the ability to manage a busy and varied workload while maintaining a cool head. Some knowledge of property maintenance and management will go a long way (although we will support you as you build your knowledge and learn what you don’t already know).
Dealing with people and their homes can be an emotive process. You’ll need to exert good judgment, show empathy, be confident and calm under pressure, and be an open and honest communicator. Of course you’ll need to continually build your property knowledge, but it’s important that you make people feel safe in your hands by demonstrating integrity, understanding and trust.
APPLY IF YOU:
- Have more than 5 years of relevant customer service experience (some experience within the property sector would be advantageous but is not essential).
- Take personal ownership of your actions and decisions, and strive to improve and grow. You are not afraid to think outside the box and work outside your comfort zone in pursuit of learning and finding better ways to do things.
- Value honesty and integrity – you tackle challenging situations and conversations with bravery, kindness and empathy, and you are committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Communicate openly and are willing to acknowledge mistakes (when they inevitably happen!), accept the learning and move forward positively.
- Are resilient – you can stay focused when faced with a challenge, and have the will and drive to keep pushing through in spite of any set-backs.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and dynamic working environment, and enjoy getting involved with your team. You love to lift up the people around you and make a positive contribution to your peers.
● Have confidence working with a range of technology and have the ability to pick up systems and processes quickly, while maintaining exceptional attention-to-detail.
- Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business.
- A valid UK driving license is essential.
WHO WE ARE
Umega is a forward-thinking, fast-growing, busy and exciting property business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t necessarily be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. At Umega we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are committed to a culture of belonging where we accept each other for who we are and embrace your individuality. Even as we grow we continue to work together like one big family, and we’d love for you to be part of it!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home some of the time)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Mon-Fri Schedule
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
- Volunteering opportunities
- Regular performance reviews and 121 meetings
- …and more!
Before you send us your application, take a look at our website and social media to find out more about working at Umega.
Full Time, Permanent Role
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected], letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Salary: £23,000 – £26,000
– NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE –