Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our award-winning team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you. PLEASE NOTE: Applications without covering letters will not be considered.
We’re looking for an upbeat, energetic and outgoing people-person who has an amazing ability to build rapport and loves meeting a variety of people on a daily basis. Someone who is a natural leader and positive team-player, with a genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer service, and supporting their teammates to do the same. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, strive for outstanding performance at every turn and see challenge as a chance to shine, then read on for more information about this fantastic opportunity to join our stellar Letting Negotiation Team at Edinburgh’s most exciting letting agent!
Throughout 2024 (and beyond), we’ve got ambitious plans for our well-established and still growing business. We have a phenomenal team, an incredible culture and high standards, and we’re now looking for more talented and motivated people-focused-people to join our award-winning team.
We’re not your average business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We’re bold and playful but we always act with integrity and acknowledge our mistakes. We’re ambitious and unafraid – we try new things, we innovate, and whatever the outcomes we’ll enjoy the learning journey and make the most of the ride. We build trust by acting with care and integrity, and honoring our commitments at every turn. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in everything you do then you’re going to love it here.
As a Senior Letting Negotiator you will be fully responsible for managing properties while they’re being advertised for rent, and leading by example within your team. You will be taking care of everything related to the proactive marketing and tenancy negotiation for the properties allocated to you – this includes preparing and listing properties on the market, managing prospective tenant enquiries, arranging and carrying out viewings, providing regular high-quality feedback to customers, managing rental offers, and negotiating tenancy details to secure a let. You’ll be expected to keep on top of your workload and manage your time effectively, monitor interest and feedback for your properties, manage expectations of owners, tenants and colleagues, and make sound decisions about the best course of action for the properties and customers you’re responsible for. We work hard to provide the best service for everyone whether they’re a new or current landlord or tenant, and this role offers a great opportunity to play a key part in helping people find their new home.
Being a senior member of the team will involve supporting the Team Manager with training and development of the team, being a go-to person for daily queries and decision-making, and taking an active role in the design and implementation of team processes. You will also be expected to take an active role in leading by example both in the Letting Negotiator day-job, and in the culture and values within the team and wider company.
In this role you’ll work closely with a variety of other teams within our business to ensure the best possible service to customers and colleagues alike. In a busy and growing business like ours, there will be opportunities to learn, grow and progress your career within this role and beyond.
Our team work in a hybrid setup with some office working, and some home-working, so you’ll need to be prepared to work from our office on Ferry Road 2-3 times per week. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be undertaking mobile working duties when visiting our properties throughout Edinburgh and The Lothians, therefore a valid driving license is essential. We have a fleet of company pool cars, so you’re not required to use or own your own vehicle.
Managing properties during the marketing period;
- Conducting rental valuations
- Accurately listing properties on the market
- Managing potential tenant interest and enquiries
- Booking and conducting viewings efficiently and effectively
- Managing the marketing process to ensure your properties are let within efficient timescales
- Provisionally vetting potential tenants
- Handling offers to let in a timely manner
- Negotiating lease terms with between all parties
Senior team member;
- Leading from the front and handling day-to-day queries from your team
- Supporting the Team Manager with training/development and processes
- Taking an active role in building and maintaining a positive culture within the team and company
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Exceptional customer service skills within a relevant role, ideally within the property sector although other related industries will be considered (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- A great team player, natural leader and a confident solo worker
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a busy environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Confidence dealing with a wide variety of people and situations – thinking on your feet to solve problems quickly
- A self-starter with a pro-active approach to your own development and a strong desire to grow, learn, and continuously improve
- A full, clean UK driving license is essential
- You to be office-based some of the time at our office in Ferry Road (we operate a hybrid working setup and would expect you to be office-based 2-3 days per week)
WHO WE ARE:
Umega is a forward-thinking, fast-growing, busy and exciting property business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. At Umega we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are committed to a culture of belonging where we accept each other for who we are and embrace your individuality. Even as we grow we continue to work together like one big family, and we’d love for you to be part of it!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- A beautiful office space in North Quarter (although you will work from home some of the time)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Mon-Fri Schedule
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
- Volunteering opportunities
- Regular performance reviews and 121 meetings
Before you send us your application, take a look at our website and social media to find out more about working at Umega.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] FAO Danielle Kerr, letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Salary – from £26,000 – £28,000, depending on experience.
– NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE –