On-boarding with Umega Lettings is super easy!
We’ll provided you with an accurate rental valuation and all the information you need on our service and on being a landlord. Once once you’re happy to proceed with Umega here’s the next steps to get you on-board:
- Signing up with Umega – We’ll send you a link to our online Terms and Conditions via Adobe Esign so you can get signed up with us online. Within these, you’ll give us permission to take care of the various safety certificates and installations if required (if you already have some of the safety certificates just email these over to us separately)
- ID checks – We need to carry out some quick identification checks on you to comply with the Letting Agent Code of Practice. These include; ID check, proof of your current address and proof of ownership. To make this as smooth and secure as possible we use a portal AmiqusID
- Landlord Registration – We can’t legally advertise your property until we have your landlord registration number. It’s straightforward to apply for this; just go to the Landlord Registration website and you can search to add Umega Lettings as your agent. This will cost you £66 (less a 10% online discount)
- Property inspection –We’ll need to visit the property to take some marketing photos, a floorplan and a property description. We can either meet someone at the property or you can drop keys/send keys to our office and we’ll pop round right away. If your property is tenanted we’ll still visit as soon as possible to become familiar with it
- Keys – We’ll need keys to the property for viewings and for future management and inspections. We need 3 sets of keys for a 1-bedroom property and an additional set for each bedroom on top of this (i.e. for a 4 bedroom property we need 6 sets)
- Non-resident Landlords – if you live overseas you’ll also need to apply to HMRC for a Non-resident Landlord Approval Number – you can do this here and you should do this in plenty time before the first rent payment comes in so that we can transfer rent to you without deduction of tax ‘at source’ (once we receive a NRL approval number from HMRC we can pay you the full rent, less our fees)
And that’s it! Once we have your property on the market we hand over to our lettings team where a dedicated person will deal with all viewings, feedback and applications taking care of things until tenants successfully move into the property.
We’ll do everything we can to make sure the on-boarding process goes nice and smoothly and we look forward to welcoming you to the Umega family!