If you need to move into a new rental property during this period of restricted movement, we’ve adapted our services so that you will not come face-to-face with anyone at any time. We’ve called a halt to all but our necessary letting services and amended them as follows:
- Available properties can be viewed via a virtual video viewing
- Negotiations are dealt with over phone or video calls
- Applications, ID, credit checks and references are all carried out via online systems
- The lease is signed electronically, as is the inventory
- Deposit & rent payments are transferred online
- Keys are collected from a secure key box outside our office
During this period of social restrictions and heightened personal responsibility we know that delaying moving will simply not be an option for some of you. We also know that people are needing to move because of the conditions created by the pandemic. At Umega we are encountering this reality daily, and we are here to help.
The advice is straightforward: if you don’t need to move home right now, please sit tight. If you do need to move, we can help you find and move into a new rental property safely.
If you need our help or would like more information on the precautions we’re taking, please get in touch.
Written by Neil McInnes, Founder Director, 26th March 2020