In a world full of people only some want to fly, isn’t that crazy?
If you want to fly high, and you’re excited about helping others reach for the sky too then we might just have the job for you!
Umega is in search of a dynamic and passionate leader to become our Head of Lettings and join our high-performing management team. The successful applicant will become the fourth member of our Management Team who lead and run the day-to-day operations of the business. You will also be responsible for managing our exceptional team of Letting Negotiators and Administrators who are both at the forefront when it comes to representing Umega Lettings to the rest of the world, so you and your team need to be amazing ambassadors for our company. You’ll be responsible for driving your team forward, looking for improvements and striving for success. We’re looking for a manager who can nurture the fantastic talent in your teams, acting as their coach & mentor to help them reach their full potential.
We are growing quickly, enjoying the challenges that brings and we have an exciting future in front of us. We are looking for the right person to join us and play a vitally important role in the business over the next 5-10 years as we do more to smash negative stereotypes of letting agents and become one of the best small businesses to work for in the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that is sending shockwaves through a very traditional sector and in return for your hard work we will invest in and develop you as you join us on our journey.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a strong contributor on the Management Team who are responsible for running the operational side of the business & working towards fulfilling Umega’s long-term potential
- Role model the company values and recruit, develop, lead and inspire a fantastic team
- Monitor and report on performance relating to your area of the business
- Responsibility for our Letting Team handle all the marketing & letting activity for properties on the market
- Responsibility for our Admin Team who handle referencing and leases for all new tenancies and are the fantastic faces of Umega Lettings at our reception
- Create, improve and maintain systems and procedures to push service levels higher
- Convert new landlord leads and start those strong, lasting relationships on the right foot
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A good knowledge & understanding of the lettings sector in Scotland
- Experience of recruiting, managing and leading a team
- Experience of managing a budget and reporting on performance
- Resilient and confident
- A team player and natural leader
- Resourceful – able to think on your feet and find solutions
- A pro-active approach to self-development
WHO WE ARE
Umega Lettings is a forward-thinking company and our four core values make Umega a great place to work;
POSITIVE – Look for solutions & work together
PLAYFUL – Be yourself. Be professional, but have fun
OPEN – Ask for help & admit mistakes
PROGRESS – Question things & challenge assumptions
This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting business. We hold high standards and work in a way that mean our clients love dealing with us. We run open-book management and ensure that everyone who works here receives a business education to support their career progression. An important aspect of this is using a share of profits to grow a staff owned property portfolio that you will help grow, manage and benefit from. We are a company that is progressing fast and have big, game-changing plans for the future. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in this journey.
Learn more about the little things we do to make Umega a great place to work here!
Starting salary: £30,000 – £35,000 DOE
Please apply by emailing a CV and a stand-out covering letter letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job to [email protected]