Do you have an eagle-eye for detail and the courage to lead the
Umega is one of Scotland’s most exciting and innovative small businesses. We are doing things differently with fantastic results. Unlike traditional businesses, Umega shares all financial and management information with everyone working in the company. Transparency is the easy bit. Making financial and management information accessible and useful for people at all levels of our business is an important challenge. We are looking for someone who gets what we’re doing, is as excited about it as we are and has the skills and passion for diving into the detail of our finances, contracts and policies. This role is about bringing clarity to our financials and building the pillars and infrastructure needed to take Umega forward.
Reporting to, and working closely with, our Managing Director, you will be part of a seven-person Business Team tasked with plotting the course for Umega and making sure our amazing people have what they need to succeed.
- Collating and producing Umega’s financial reports and managing our financial planning (using apps like Xero & Float). Working across all departments in the business to build financial processes that support our strategic objectives.
- Ensuring Umega meets its payroll, pension, tax, accounting and filing obligations
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Organising, administering and reviewing Umega’s company policies to complement and support our strategic objectives
- Supporting teams across the business to ensure they have what they need to succeed. e.g. maintaining a world-class office space (we’re about to move to a new office in Quartermile in Edinburgh)
- Negotiating, managing and building strong relationships with our external business support contracts and partners (e.g. IT, mobiles, vehicle contracts, insurances, banks, accountants, lawyers).
- Managing the delivery of strategic projects related to the areas mentioned above
- Experience of managing financial data and producing financial reports
- Experience of contracts management in a team environment and negotiating & building strong, collaborative relationships with business suppliers to get the best value & service agreements
- Experience of accounting in a business environment. An accounting qualification and experience of using Xero is desirable
- A track record of making changes or improvements in an organisation(s)
- A natural organiser with exceptional attention to detail and a natural desire to dot the ‘I’s and cross the ‘T’s
- Ready to do things differently to traditional businesses
WHO WE ARE
Umega Lettings is a forward-thinking, ground-breaking company with four core values that make us a unique letting business;
- OPEN – Share information, ask for help & admit mistakes
- POSITIVE – Embrace challenge, look for solutions & succeed together
- PLAYFUL – Bring your personality in bucket-loads
- PROGRESS – Question everything, challenge convention & keep improving
This role is a vital part of our busy and exciting business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our customers love dealing with us. We run open-book management and ensure that everyone who works at Umega receives a business education like no other and this role is at the heart of making that a success. We are a company that is progressing fast and has big, game-changing plans for the future. This is a great opportunity to play an important part in this journey.
Learn more about the little things we do to make Umega a great place to work here!
Starting salary: £26,000 – £30,000 DOE
Please apply by emailing a CV and a stand-out cover letter letting us know exactly why this is the job for you to [email protected]