Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter and a short video (less than 90 seconds) with your application detailing what you can bring to this role and our team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered)
In 2022 (and beyond), Umega will be placing a strong focus on convenience and speed in the services we provide to our customers. We’re a growing business with an exciting road ahead of us. Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. In 2020 we launched our Estate Agency service, and we’re now on the lookout for another consummate property professional to help us accelerate the expansion of our services to meet growing demand across Scotland.
It will be down to our Business Development Coordinators to ensure all their interactions with any potential customers are as easy and quick as possible. We also know from years of experience in growing our business, that the faster we engage potential new customers, the more likely they are to on-board with us. This is where you come in!
Our New Business Team is responsible for prospecting and responding to all new client leads for Sales and Lettings, assisting investors, conducting marketing appraisals and winning new instructions. You’ll be spending a fair bit of time out and about – meeting customers at their properties to discuss our services across both Estate Agency and Lettings (a full driving license is therefore a must).
As the Business Development Coordinator will be the first point of contact for new customer enquiries for both sales and lettings, you should demonstrate our company values in all your interactions – seeking to exceed expectations and uphold our reputation at every turn. Supported by IRE BDM software, you will ensure every potential new customer is responded to within a maximum of 2 hours of their enquiry being received, and you’ll jump on every opportunity to engage our new customers via email, telephone, and video calls. Your primary focus will be to drive customers towards booking a valuation appointment with one of our Umega Ambassadors, answering any initial queries along the way, and supporting the Ambassador to convert the potential customer to signing-up after their meeting. You will also be responsible for ensuring the pipeline of converted leads are well managed, up to the point of handover to the team who will look after the next stage in the onboarding process.
We will be asking two of our Business Development Coordinators to take a primary focus on Lettings work, and two with a primary focus on Estate Agency, however all BDCs will be expected to cover each other’s work and pitch in as a team of four. The BDCs with an Estate Agency focus will temporarily also take care of the Sales Negotiation role for Estate Agency properties while they are live on the market. This temporary requirement is in place while we grow our Estate Agency service and are dealing with low volumes of active properties, but as this service grows so too will the Sales Negotiator aspect of the role, at which point we will reevaluate the business need and plan for ongoing resourcing in this area.
Business Development Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Respond appropriately to all new customer leads within 2 hours of enquiry (supported by IRE BDM) for both Sales and Lettings
- Primary responder to potential new customer phone calls to the new business line
- Record all new customer leads in IRE BDM and manage correspondence plans (campaigns) appropriately to drive and maintain engagement
- Drive potential new customers towards booking a valuation appointments – scheduling these in Ambassador diaries, and ensuring the Ambassador has all relevant information in order to be fully prepared for the appointment
- Direct and support Umega Ambassadors in follow up communications with potential new customers
- Maintain the integrity of the lead database in IRE BDM by ensuring leads are tracked and updated accurately and promptly
- Ensure the pipeline of converted leads is well managed by maintaining communications and engagement with these new customers, until they are ready to be passed over to the relevant team for the marketing stage
- Handle initial onboarding process (owner checks, terms & conditions & property registration) and property checks
- Conduct thorough handovers of properties to the relevant teams to complete the onboarding process, or support Ambassadors with handovers as required (Estate Agency, Property Marketing Team, Relationship Management, Compliance Team, or Maintenance)
Who we are
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
- …and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at UMEGA here.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Starting Salary – £23,000 – £25,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! FAO: Danielle Kerr, via [email protected]. Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Application deadline – 5pm on 31st December 2021.