Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role in Team Umega, and why we’d be mad not to hire you! (Applications without covering letters will not be considered).
In 2023 (and beyond), we are looking to exponentially grow our online presence and personality. We recognise the role this plays in supporting our growing business, and we’re on the lookout for a social media and content creation superstar to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We’re bold and playful but we always act with integrity and acknowledge our mistakes. We’re ambitious and unafraid – we try new things, we innovate, and whatever the outcomes we’ll enjoy the learning journey and make the most of the ride. We also put people at the heart of all we do; that goes for our customers and our team. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in everything you do then you’re going to love it here.
Our goal is to be the very best in our sector in terms of the amazing content we capture and share on social media. We want to push the boundaries, try new things, learn quickly and show off what we do to the outside world in a way that you just don’t see in the property sector. This role is paramount to helping us meet our ambitions.
You’ll be working closely with our Directors, Design & Creative Marketing Executive and our Estate Agency and Letting teams to generate property and people content for our social media and digital channels. You’ll actively contribute to business growth by creating and sharing energetic, engaging content to be used across a variety of platforms, with a specific objective to increase engagement with the Umega brand online.
Content Generation & Social Media Management Responsibilities:
- Understand our target market and create stand-out content that is tailored to our customers.
- Manage our social media presence by posting suitable and engaging content multiple times a week on each platform (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn).
- Create high quality marketing materials (photo and video content) for our property portfolio, to be used in property advertising, including exciting, attention grabbing video content and walkthroughs of our properties.
- Capture our brilliant team, doing what they do best, and share this content with the outside world to give them an insight into what it’s like to work for, and work with Umega.
- Monitor, report and suggest areas for improvement in our social media performance, taking inspiration from the best businesses and social media accounts around the world
- Ensure our social media goals are met every month by engaging with our strategy and driving improvements.
Apply if you:
- Are bursting with passion, knowledge and experience in content creation and social media management
- Have an eye for opportunities to capture and create brilliant, engaging content
- Have the creative flair and design capabilities to manage basic video and image production and editing
- Are a confident communicator and copywriter, able to consistently deliver engaging messaging across our social media platforms
- Have a positive energy and strong desire to grow, learn, and continuously improve (we’re in this together and we want to learn with you)
- Have proven experience managing your own workload and prioritizing effectively
- Are a proactive and energetic team player who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic
- Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in our business, and beyond.
- Are eager to be office based at least half of your time which is so important in generating exciting content and sharing our special culture and amazing team with the outside world (we operate a hybrid working setup from our headquarters in Quartermile, Edinburgh)
Who we are:
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t necessarily be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home some of the time)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Mon-Fri Schedule
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
- …and more!
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Salary – £25,000 – £27,000 per year
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
Full time, permanent role
How to apply – Please send your CV, covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered. Applications should be sent to [email protected]
– NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE –