We’ve got ambitious plans for the future here at Umega, and we are now looking for more talented and motivated people to join our skillful Home Repairs Team. If you are an experienced Painter/Decorator looking for the security of a full-time, permanent role, then we’re keen to hear from you!
Umega is a thriving independent Edinburgh property business with a large portfolio of rental properties, a busy estate agency team and a quality home repairs service all under our care. This is a dynamic role in a busy organisation that prioritises looking after people and doing right by them. Our standards are high, which is why our customers love working with us, and we’re looking to expand our team with more great representatives of who we are.
In order to help meet the challenges of helping people get on top of their neverending DIY to-do-lists, we need a team of skilled property maintenance technicians who are friendly and personable, with excellent communication and customer service skills. In this role you can expect that no two days will be the same, and you’ll be dealing with a variety of customers across our property portfolio and external customer base.
Most normal people hate DIY. They don’t have the time or the skills to fix the little things that need repaired in their home, and that’s where Umega Home Repairs comes in. We’ve got to where we are now by looking after people and their properties, brilliantly. The number of properties we manage is growing and we recently opened up our home repair services to homeowners all over Edinburgh, so we’re ready to further expand our team.
You enjoy working hard and finding great outcomes for everyone you deal with on a daily basis, and you’ll be a great representative for Umega in everything you do. You’ll require dedication and integrity in abundance, you thrive when working in a busy environment, and you’re motivated by making a positive contribution to a successful team.
We’ll do everything we can to support you by providing you with a van, tools, uniform and smart phone to free you up to take care of the people who rely on us to repair their homes for them. You’ll need a solid skillset and proven experience as a quality Painter & Decorator, and some decent customer service experience (because liaising with customers and our team is an important part of the role). You’ll join a fantastic and supportive team where the work is varied and the days are never dull. You’ll need to be genuinely passionate about your work and giving a high-quality service, with the ability to be resourceful, think on your feet and, most importantly, care about doing right by people. We’re also keen for you to develop your skills so a proactive approach to self-development is also expected.
- Carrying out a range of internal and external painting and decoration tasks in occupied and empty properties
- Liaising and working with other trades as and when required
- Communicating clearly with our customers and team members on all aspects of the job
- Ensuring all work is carried out safely, using appropriate access equipment when working at height, to comply with all relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Managing your own workload to ensure you attend and complete jobs on time, to a high standard
- Painting & Decorating experience in a similar role (minimum 2 years) – relevant qualifications are desirable
- Basic Plumbing, Electrical, or Carpentry experience is desirable
- Direct customer communication
- Basic IT & Mobile App Skills
- A clean, valid driving licence is essential
Starting salary – £26,000 – £28,000 per year, depending on experience
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – We will only consider applications submitted with a covering letter telling us about you – the person behind the CV. We’re interested in more than just a list of previous jobs – we want to understand your reasons for applying to join our team and know a little bit about you before inviting you for an interview.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Danielle Kerr at [email protected]
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 60+ great people, ranked in the top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK (Best Companies 2022)
- 32 days Annual Leave (and more when you stay with us for 2 years or longer)
- Uniform/PPE provided
- Vehicle provided
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Monday – Friday Schedule
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Free tea, coffee, soft drinks fruit and regular treats
- Great social life
Before you send us your application, take a look at our website and social media to find out more about working at Umega.