Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter and a short video (less than 90 seconds) with your application detailing what you can bring to this role and our team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered)
In 2022 (and beyond), Umega will be placing a strong focus on convenience and speed in the services we provide to our customers. We’re a growing business with an exciting road ahead of us. Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. In 2020 we launched our Estate Agency service, and we’re now on the lookout for a consummate property professional to join our team and help us deliver exceptional service to our landlord and tenant customers.
We’re not your average property business. We do things differently; we work hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We act with integrity, we acknowledge our mistakes, we’re not afraid to try new things and we put our customers at the heart of all we do. If you can get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, and truly embody this in all you do then you’re going to love it here.
We’re on the hunt for bar-raisers, go-getters, and self-starters to make an impact at our rapidly expanding, and game-changing business. We are a fast-growing company, in an exciting stage of development and growth. Being accessible and super-responsive to the needs of our landlords and tenants is the basis for our customer relationships, which then strengthen through building trust by acting with kindness and integrity, honouring our commitments, and looking after people.
- The number of tenancies, and at their heart – people, that we are responsible for is ever-increasing and we need a new Relationship Manager (RM) to join our award-winning team. Relationship Managers hold a pivotal role in our business, looking after our landlords and tenants to create a long and successful working relationship for as long as they need us. Supporting the people we work closest with (tenants, landlords, and each other) is at the heart of everything we do at Umega. You will be an integral part of our Relationship Management Team, who are directly responsible for the properties, landlords and tenants in their care.
- People First: Our people are at the heart of our business. You will be driven by the desire to provide top quality customer service at every step. We have an amazing team and company culture, and we search high and low for the right people who embrace our company values.
- Quick Decision Making: This is an incredibly fast-paced, high-intensity role, and you will be required to make quick, informed decisions, back yourself throughout the process and keep your customers looped in at every turn.
- Experienced Pair of Hands: Our RMs need to have the experience of the property sector behind them. You’ll help resolve repairs and upgrades on your properties, negotiate end of tenancies and ensure your tenancies run smoothly for tenants and landlords for the years that they are in our care. This involves regularly visiting your property portfolio so holding a valid driving licence is a must.
- Problem Solving: Every day will bring about new problems to solve, of which you might not have experienced before. From communal repairs to boiler leaks, to HMO applications. You need to have the confidence, willingness to learn, and flexibility to approach, understand, and solve whatever issue comes your way.
- Sharing Information: We work best when we work together. No colleague is an island. If you need support, we will be there to support you. If your high-end detective work solves a tricky case – share it with the team, Sherlock.
- Team Working: Our RMs work in teams of 3-4 with one united goal: building strong, trusting, open, personable relations both internally and externally to ensure the success of the team. You must be a team player, but also someone who can self-motivate and champion individual projects.
Apply If You:
Value honesty and integrity – you tackle challenging situations and conversations with bravery, kindness and empathy, and you are committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Communicate openly and are willing to acknowledge mistakes (when they inevitably happen!), accept the learning and move forward positively.
- Are resilient – you can stay focused when faced with a challenge, and have the will and drive to keep pushing through in spite of any set-backs.
- Take personal ownership of your actions and decisions and strive to improve and grow. You are not afraid to think outside the box and work outside your comfort zone in pursuit of learning and finding better ways to do things.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and dynamic working environment. Change is a core concept at Umega, and you’ll therefore need to be someone who embraces the exciting possibilities that this brings.
- Have more than 5 years of relevant customer service experience. Some experience within the property sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Have confidence working with a range of technology and have the ability to pick up systems and processes quickly.
- Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business.
- Hold a full Driving License – this is essential.
Who We Are:
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace, and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered, and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
- …and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at UMEGA here.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Starting Salary – £23,000 – £26,000 /year depending on experience.
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! FAO: Nikki Moore, via [email protected]. Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Application deadline – 9am on Wednesday 5th Jan 2022.