Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter and a short video (less than 90 seconds) with your application detailing what you can bring to this role and our team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered)
Umega is a growing business with an exciting road ahead of us. Over the last 15 years, we’ve become one of the biggest agencies in Scotland and one of the top rated in the UK. We’ve successfully navigated our way through an incredibly demanding 15 months and the challenges will continue as we turn our attention to the New Year.
As a company, we have done a lot of work over the past year to not only arrange and organise ourselves better, but also to better understand how we want to manage and lead. The introduction of the Team Manager roles throughout the organisation has been a great success and we’re now looking for the next emerging leader to join the TM ranks in the Relationship Management Team.
We have a permanent Team Manager position available in Upod 1 and we are eager to recruit this role from within the current team. In this role, you will be line-managing a busy Relationship Management POD as well as playing an active role in the day to day management of the landlords, tenants and their homes under your team’s stewardship. This is a fantastic opportunity to flex your management muscles internally, while still delivering excellent customer service to our customers.
Could this be you?
We’re a people business first and a property business second, and our TMs are at the heart of this message. You’ll need to possess a real love for all things people in this position, and you should be a clear and capable role-model for everything Umega stands for – showing up for your team and your customers at every turn.
Your role will cover all aspects of RM work alongside your management responsibilities, so you should know the RM role like the back of your hand. As well as taking your share of work in an RM capacity, you will line-manage the RMs who are part of your pod: taking responsibility for organising workloads, ownership of escalated issues, and accountability for standards across your team.
This job plays an integral role in the leadership of the RM team, with the goal of ensuring your team is well supported and has everything they need in order to deliver an industry-leading service to our customers.
Apply If You:
- Are brimming with ideas and feel confident actively contributing to how we continually strengthen and improve our service.
- Have your finger on the pulse, and are enthused by understanding the core workings of the team.
- Can manage a busy work-load, as you will need to be available and accessible to your team in order to offer support with any aspect of their role.
- Are an active listener who is fully engaged with your team; understanding their needs and working together to ensure continual growth and progression, ultimately leading to improved experiences for our customers.
- Are confident working with both TM peers and the Department Managers to problem solve, iron out pain-points and identify ways we can do better by our customers and our team.
- Can trouble-shoot with a cool, calm, and collected approach, and have genuine curiosity for solving the root of problems, not just skimming the surface.
- Are enthusiastic about people development – you will play a critical role in the personal and professional development of your Upod.
You will be fully supported by the Department Managers, who will be your biggest cheerleaders and mentors as you take this next step in your career. We’ve got your back, but we also are looking for people who can take a challenge head-on, someone who can take ownership and responsibility of their work, and shows self-awareness in knowing their strengths and their weaknesses.
If you are excited and energised by what you’ve read then we’d love to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
- …and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at UMEGA here.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Starting Salary – £27,000 – £29,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! FAO: Simon Douglas via [email protected]. Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Application deadline – 9am on Monday 20th December 2021.