Wake Up. Kick Ass. Repeat.
It’s the message on the reusable cups we leave for our new tenants. But it’s more than just a phrase, it’s an ethos and what makes us tick.
Now more than ever, we need to live up to this message.
The private rented sector in Edinburgh is more important than it’s ever been. Over the past 18 months we’ve worked hard to ensure that our tenants and landlords have received the support and guidance needed, through financial difficulties, anxieties, or legislation changes as we move into a new landscape of letting. Because supporting the people we work closest with (tenants, landlords, and each other) is at the heart of everything we do at Umega.
This is where you come in.
We’re on the hunt for bar-raisers, go-getters and self-starters to make an impact at our rapidly expanding, and game-changing business. We are a fast-growing company, in an exciting stage of development and growth. Our focus as we come out of lockdown is on delivering clear, speedy service and communication. Being accessible and super-responsive to the needs of our landlords and tenants is the basis for our customer relationships, which then strengthen through building trust by honouring our commitments and looking after people.
The number of tenancies, and at their heart – people, that we are responsible for is ever-increasing and we need a new Relationship Manager (RM) to join our team. This is a pivotal role in our business, looking after our landlords and tenants to create a long and successful working relationship for as long as they need us.
You will be an integral part of our Relationship Management Team, who are directly responsible for the properties, landlords and tenants in their care.
- People First
Our people are at the heart of our business. You will be driven by the desire to provide top quality customer service at every step. We have an amazing team and company culture, and we search high and low for the right people who embrace our company values.
- Quick Decision Making
This is an incredibly fast-paced, high-intensity role, and you will be required to make quick, informed decisions, back yourself throughout the process and keep your customers looped in at every turn.
- Experienced Pair of Hands
Our RMs need to have the experience of the property sector behind them. You’ll help resolve repairs and upgrades on your properties, negotiate end of tenancies and ensure your tenancies run smoothly for tenants and landlords for the years that they are in our care. This involves regularly visiting your property portfolio so holding a valid driving licence is a must.
- Problem Solving
Every day will bring about new problems to solve, of which you might not have experienced before. From communal repairs, to boiler leaks, to HMO applications. You need to have the confidence, willingness to learn, and flexibility to approach, understand, and solve whatever issue comes your way.
- Sharing Information
We work best, when we work together. No colleague is an island. If you need support, we will be there to support you. If your high-end detective work solves a tricky case – share it with the team, Sherlock.
- Team Working
Our RMs work in teams of 3-4 with one united goal: building strong, trusting, open, personable relations both internally and externally to ensure the success of the team. You must be a team player, but also someone who can self-motivate and champion individual projects.
Apply if you:
- Have more than 5 years of customer service experience.
- Have some experience within a relevant role in the property sector – this isn’t a requirement but would be advantageous.
- Have strong knowledge of a range of computer programmes, or have the ability to pick this up quickly.
- Can communicate clearly, fairly, and appropriately to staff and customers across a range of situations.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and dynamic working environment. Change is a core concept at Umega, and you’ll therefore need to be someone who embraces the exciting possibilities that change brings.
- Love company culture. At Umega it’s our service and our culture that sets us apart. We truly believe in all of our staff, and we ensure they are well equipped, supported, trained and developed to succeed in the heart of our business and have a long and enjoyable career with us. We’re not your stereotypical employer.
- Believe in our values of openness, honesty, bravery, championing people, and are empowered to channel these into your daily work.
- Love people as much as we do – have we already mentioned that?
In working at Umega, we promise you a great job and fulfilling career. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this might not be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that should the time come for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing team and terrific company culture that drives our customer service – our service is more highly rated than any other letting agency in the UK.
So, if you’re looking for a new job where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work, allow your personality to enrich and shape your customer relations, and be hugely appreciated by the people you work with, then please get in touch.
Please apply by sending us your CV and, importantly, a covering letter telling us why you are applying at [email protected].
Applications without cover letters won’t be considered.
We look forward to hearing about what makes you tick, why you’re the right person for Umega, and why this role is right for you.
- Start date: As soon as you can, but we’ll wait for the right person.
- Drivers license is essential.
- No recruitment agencies, please : )
- 5pm on Monday the 21st June 2021.
- Full-time, Permanent
- £23,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year depending on experience
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Monday to Friday
- Customer service: 5 years (Required)
- Full drivers (Required)
- Yes, some of the time