You might think Umega is a property company, but it’s not.
It’s a people business.
We’ve helped revolutionise the way people are treated in Edinburgh’s private rented sector over the last 14 years and we’re just getting started; making moves into other property services. The challenges we face and what we’re able to achieve get bigger every year. The last year has given us the challenge of a lifetime. We’ve grown as individuals, and as a company, during that time by making sure we treat our customers and employees in a way that they will remember for years to come.
We’re recruiting the dream job for the right person, hopefully that’s you. Our previous Media & Marketing Wizard is moving back to France to become a chocolatier (who are we to disagree with that). We want you to work with us to take our media and marketing to the next level as Umega goes from Edinburgh’s favourite letting agency to Scotland’s favourite people business.
Why is this role important?
Communicating how we roll, and what we stand for, needs more than just words. How we present Umega in photos, images and videos helps others understand the spirit in which we work, which in turn makes others want to be part of what we’re doing. Bringing our company to life through media and marketing is a key part of our future successes.
How does the role fit in?
You’ll be working and collaborating directly with Andy; Umega founder, owner and Director. You’ll be in the co-pilot seat as we execute ambitious and exciting market strategies. You’ll need the skills, the mindset and the appetite for the role of a lifetime; a chance to gain a ton of experience and a front row seat in creating and executing a kick-ass external comms strategy.
You should be a design all-rounder with a breadth of experience and a willingness to get stuck into new areas you may not have worked in before; video producing/editing, photography, graphic design, website management skills, digital advertising and social media skills.
Skills and Experience we’re looking for
- Ability to deliver high quality, exciting visual content for external and internal promotion
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Website management, using Word Press
- Video and photography production and editing (preferred)
- Social media content creation and management (preferred)
- Digital adword/PPC content creation and set up (preferred)
- Excellent creative, written and communication skills
- Must be adaptable, able to multitask several creatives projects while being able to create, plan and prioritise
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates Umega’s values. Someone who’s not scared to take the plunge, who works to high standards, who brings their personality to work every day and who genuinely wants to help other people.
A bit more about working at Umega
You deserve a great workplace and to love coming to work every day. To be valued, trusted, empowered and to be given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. At Umega, we promise you a great job and fulfilling career. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
- …and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at Umega here.
Starting Salary – £22,000 – £25,000 a year
Full time role
Start date – end July 2021 preferred
How to apply – Just email your CV and covering letter (or even better a short video) explaining why we’d make the perfect fit for each other to; [email protected] Applications without cover letters/videos will not be considered.
Application deadline – 12 noon Wednesday 23rd June 2021