Please send us a STAND OUT cover letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) with your application, detailing what you can bring to this role and our Lettings Team, and why we’d be mad not to hire you (applications without covering letters will not be considered).
We’re looking for an upbeat, energetic and outgoing people-person who has an amazing ability to build rapport and loves meeting a variety of people on a daily basis. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, strive for outstanding performance at every turn and see challenge as a chance to shine, then read on for more information about this fantastic opportunity to join our stellar Letting Negotiation Team at Edinburgh’s most exciting letting agent!
We’re not your average letting business. We do things differently; we work consistently hard, but we have fun while we’re doing it. We act with integrity, we acknowledge our mistakes, we’re not afraid to try new things and we put our landlords and tenants at the heart of all we do. If you can understand and get behind our ethos of Homes not Housing, People not Property, then chances are you’ll fit in well within our team.
This role sits in our Property Marketing Department, with a particular focus on managing our properties while they’re being advertised for rent. You will be fully responsible for the proactive marketing and tenancy negotiation for the properties allocated to you – this includes preparing and listing properties on the market, managing prospective tenant enquiries, arranging and carrying out viewings, providing regular quality feedback to landlords, managing rental offers, and finalising tenancy details between landlords and tenants to secure a let. You will work closely with a variety of other teams within our business to ensure the best possible service. Working with our New Business Coordinators to ensure our new landlords have the best possible start to their relationship with Umega, as well as embodying Umega’s values with our current portfolio of re-lets. You’ll also work with our New Tenancy Team who will process applications and references for your lets. You will be fully accountable for properties in your care during the marketing period, therefore you’ll be expected to keep on top of your workload, monitor interest and feedback for your properties, manage expectations of landlords, tenants and colleagues, and make sound decisions about the best course of action for the properties and customers you’re responsible for.
We work hard to provide the best service for everyone whether they’re a new or current landlord or tenant, and this role offers a great opportunity to play a part in helping people find their perfect new home.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing properties during the marketing period;
- Accurately listing properties on the market
- Booking and conducting viewings efficiently and effectively
- Providing regular top-quality feedback to landlords about their properties
- Ensuring your properties are let within good timescales
- Negotiating tenancies;
- Provisionally vetting potential tenants
- Handling offers to let in a timely manner
- Negotiating lease terms with landlords and potential tenants
- Conducting move-in appointments with tenants
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional customer service skills – proven experience is essential (minimum 2 years’ relevant experience)
- A great team player, and a confident solo worker
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a busy environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Confidence dealing with a wide variety of people and situations – thinking on your feet to solve problems quickly
- A self-starter with a pro-active approach to your own development
- A full, clean UK driving license is essential
WHO WE ARE
Umega is a forward-thinking and fast-growing company, but even as we grow, our team continues to work together like one big family. This role involves being an important part of our busy and exciting letting and estate agency business. We hold high standards and work in a way that means our clients love dealing with us. We provide a great workplace and you’ll love coming to work every day. You’ll be valued, trusted, empowered and given the space to make mistakes, learn and grow. We want you to be with us for years, but understand that this won’t be forever. We’re dedicated to providing the support you need, so that when the time comes for you to leave Umega, you do so with a better understanding of what you want from life. We have an amazing, talented, caring team and terrific company culture that drives us forward and we’d love for you to be part of it.
- Be part of a vibrant, growing company of 50 great people
- A beautiful office space in Quartermile (although we’ll expect you to work from home half the time)
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- Cycle to work
- Private Medical Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Tea, coffee fruit and regular treats
- Great social life (when restrictions allow!)
- …and loads more being added all the time. Find out more about working at UMEGA here.
Before you send us your application, take a look at our blog detailing some things you’ll want to know before applying to work at Umega.
Starting Salary – £21,000 – £24,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Full time role
Start date – As soon as you are available – we can be flexible and we’ll wait for the right person.
How to apply – Apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and a short video (less than 60 seconds) letting us know exactly why you are the best person for this job and why we’d be mad not to hire you! FAO: Erin Whyte, via [email protected]. Note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Application deadline – 9am on Monday 6th December